The call for farmer support to submit applications in the categories of subsistence, small holder, commercial and / or organised farmers / producers is due on 31 July 2023. Those are farmers who need support in infrastructure, production inputs and mechanisation for 2024/25 financial year.
The application will be closed on 31 July 2023 at 16:30.
The targeted commodities that farmers will get support on are as follows:
- Poultry – day old chicks, point of lay pullets, feeds and medication.
- Vegetables – seeds, seedlings, fertilisers, pesticides and herbicides
- Fruits – fertilisers, pesticides and herbicides
- Livestock – feeds, medication, and breeding stock for intensive production system (camp control)
- Mechanisation – soil preparation, planting fertiliser application and plant spraying
- Mechanisation subsidy – tractor and equipment
- On and off farm infrastructure – irrigation systems, packhouse, piggery, processing facilities, poultry house, tunnels, storage facilities, livestock infrastructure.
Farmers are encouraged to apply for support in the category they qualify for according to the type of the commodity, land, size and scale of production. These are some of the determining factors that qualify farmers for financial allocation. But due to limitation of funds, not all qualifying farmers will be funded.
Download application forms at departmental website at www.ldard.gov.za . Completed application forms with the supporting documents in line with the requirements must be submitted to the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development District Office where the applicant’s project is located on or before 31 July 2023 at 16:30.
For more information, contact Simon Ramafalo 082 367 2712, Media Liaison Officer