By Matsobane Manaka
The application will be closed on 31 July 2023.
The targeted commodities that farmers will get support on are as follows:
- Poultry – day old chicks, point of lay pullets, feeds and medication.
- Vegetables – seeds, seedlings, fertilisers, pesticides and herbicides
- Fruits – fertilisers, pesticides and herbicides
- Livestock – feeds, medication, and breeding stock for intensive production system (camp control)
- Mechanisation – soil preparation, planting fertiliser application and plant spraying
- Mechanisation subsidy – tractor and equipment
- On and off farm infrastructure – irrigation systems, packhouse, piggery, processing facilities, poultry house, tunnels, storage facilities, livestock infrastructure.
Farmers were encouraged to apply for support in the category they qualify for according to the type of the commodity, land, size and scale of production. These are some of the determining factors that qualify farmers for financial allocation.
In a case of subsistence farmer, a completed application form must be accompanied by certified copy of identity document and proof of resident. As a Cooperative, one person on behalf of the Cooperative will have to include a supporting letter in his / her application and ensure that all beneficiaries attach certified copies of identity documents.
Applicants must take note that the terms and conditions will apply.
In the last information held in Mankweng, Ephenia Kekana, Capricorn District Director urged applicants to submit their forms on time in case mistakes are picked up earlier there will be sufficient time to make a follow up. She cautioned farmers that the application does not get automatic approval but is subjected to screening through the committee.
Note that the type of commodity, land, size and scale of production are some of the determining factors to qualify for certain financial allocation. Due to limitation of funds, not all qualifying farmers will be funded.
Download application forms at departmental website at www.ldard.gov.za . Completed application forms with the supporting documents that meet the approved selection requirements must be submitted to the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development District Office and Local Agriculture Office near the applicant on or before 31 July 2023.